Thursday, February 10, 2011

Script Writing

On Wednesday February 16th I will have been in charge of leading the planning for 4 of the last 5 Relay For Life at Virginia Tech's Kickoff events (spring '08, spring '09,  fall '10, spring '11).   And even though I can basically plan these entire events over night there is still one aspect of planning that always takes me forever....writing the script.  It's just always a struggle for me (every time) trying to figure out exactly what I want to say without sounding silly or "scripted".  Luckily because I've written 4 of these before I've learned what works and what doesn't work and what sounds good and what sounds cheese/lame.  This is my last Kickoff so I want the script to be perfect, fingers crossed.

There is one great thing about writing a script though, being able to tell everyone just how important the work of the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life are.  All of the work that we are doing is saving thousands of lives every year and the number of survivors grows every day.

Make sure to attend this year's Spring Kickoff on Wednesday February 16th.  I promise that well before then I'll have this script done and ready to go.  The event is going to be fantastic, you don't want to miss out!

--
Until We Find a Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment