Tuesday, March 1, 2011

VTRelay = AWESOME!

So I just want to put it out there that VTRelay = AWESOME!!

And here are a few reasons why (taken from our wonderful Productions Chair, Michelle B.)
-VTRelay was apart of the Homecoming Parade
-Have had two incredibly successful Kickoffs (I might be biased here)
-We got Fighting Gravity to come back to Virginia Tech
-We sold out Burruss for Relay's Best Dance Crew
-We just got a giant check at the Duke game for $13,653 for the Blackout Shirts
-As of March 1st at noon we have:

  • 2,323 Participants
  • 405 Teams
  • $136,343.20 raised total
Since Wednesday February 23rd at 10:00am we have raised $22,181!!! That was less than a week ago!

This is absolutely unbelievable!! I could not be happier to be apart of such a powerful, impressive, and fantastic organization.  When I graduate in 71 days, I will take with me 4 years of unforgettable moments with the Relay For Life at Virginia Tech events I have been apart of.  Thank you all for such wonderful memories and friendships.

--
Until We Find a Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment