Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting started on Relay Season 2012!!

On September 1, 2011 the 2012 Relay For Life season officially began!! I know it might sound weird to think 2012 when it's still 2011 but for Relay we start on September 1 and go until August 31 of the next year.  This being said all of the brand new websites went live on 9/1/11 and let me tell you...they are so nice! A definite improvement and change over the websites we've had for a few years now. Check out relayforlife.org to see the updates and find your local Relay.

Another great thing about starting the new Relay season is getting started on building committees, getting teams and participants signed up, and holding Kickoffs.  If you've seen any of my other posts you know that I've lead the organization of 4 of the 5 Kickoffs held at Virginia Tech. Obviously I really enjoy planning them (or else I wouldn't have reapplied for the position twice) and I think they are a ton of fun.  However when help lead one this Monday it will be the first community Kickoff I'll have ever been to. I'm super excited about it and have had way too much fun making the decorations.  Here is a sneak peak of the decorations for our football themed Kickoff:

 Check back next week for a recap of the Kickoff and more pictures!

--
Until We Find a Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment