Monday, April 25, 2011

#1 Collegiate Relay For Life Event

It's official Relay For Life at Virginia Tech is once again going to be the #1 Collegiate Relay For Life event in the world!! We have raised over $619,000 as of 9am this morning and I know there is still tons of money to be turned in.  We are inching ever closer to $750,000 raised in the fight against cancer.

Friday night was an absolutely amazing night (despite the occasional down pours and constant misting of rain). Thousands of Hokies turned out to celebrate, remember and fight back on the Drillfield.  I helped out with the survivors banquet and checking all of the survivors in and seeing the smiles on their faces despite the weather was fantastic.  My family also came into to town to participate in Relay with me, which made my final VTRelay that much more special.  The Remember ceremony was absolutely beautiful, hearing Alice's story of her mom's battle against cancer was awe-inspiring. And as always as I made my silent lap around the Drillfield's track I was brought to tears as I saw the pictures of my grandparents on the projector screen.  I miss them both so much but I walk in their memories.
As the night progressed we all continued to walk through the mud and rain to show the world that we are determined to find a cure to cancer in our lifetime.  Exec put on a fantastic event and I couldn't be happier to have helped and then participated in the event.  I am going to miss being on VTRelay Exec.

I'll post pictures on my Picasa album within the coming week, as they are downloaded off mine and my sister's cameras, to share with the world.

My fiance and I outside Burruss Hall.

--
Until We Find a Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment