Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2009-2010 VTRelay

Fall 2009 would bring a very different semester for me.  I made the Marching Virginians and figured I wouldn't have time to be on Relay Exec again so instead of applying to head a committee I decide that I would apply to be on a committee and bring 2 years of Relay planning knowledge to a new group of eager Hokies.  I was invited to join the Team Development Committee and to be in charge of College Recruitment.  I quickly learned that this year's participant recruitment would not be like what I had participated in a few years before.  We focused our recruitment techniques to be more personal and centered towards specific organization and we quickly saw a growth in sign ups unlike any we had seen before.

Once again we were planning on thousands of students, community members and friends & families to attend our event so we worked to get the Drillfield again.  This year however we got even more space than the year before and even more privileges with sound and lights.

On a windy April 9th, 630 teams, comprised of over 6,200 participants raised over $578,000 in the fight against cancer.  We had the honor of having Mike-E and the Afro Flow Tour attend and perform at our event, and we hope they return next year!. We are looking to be named the largest collegiate Relay again both in participants and money raised!  As always, we are living by the motto "Ut Prosim, That I May Serve".

People can still support the 2010 VTRelay for life by donating at VTRelay.org through the month of July.

Until We Find a Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment