Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Making Strides

This week I started a new phase in my on going involvement with the American Cancer Society...I am the newest intern at the White Marsh offices working in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer division!
I was so excited and honored to find out that I was the one person selected for the internship out of a pool of other people interviewed (mostly college students I think).

So what is Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC)?

MSABC is an annual walk held both in major cities and smaller communities across the United States. It is a day where breast cancer survivors, caregivers and supporters walk in honor and support of those fighting breast cancer and to help raise awareness for finding a cure.   This year's event in Baltimore will be held on Sunday October 24th and is open to everyone. 

More information about the Baltimore event (or links to other events) can be found at stridesbaltimore.org.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year's walk but I am doing everything I can to help make it as great of an event as possible.  I be spending the next month and half working with the MSABC employees to recruit participants and help inform the public about this great event.  If you or a loved one has been effected by breast cancer and you'd like to learn more about the MSABC walks please feel free to leave me a comment and I'll do by my best to help you in anyway possible.



--
Until We Find a Cure.


No comments:

Post a Comment